Thursday, August 6, 2009

A Couple of Prayer Requests

A dear friend of mine, Whitney Anderson, who I had the pleasure of workng with while I was in Plano @ DSW is going through something that I could never imagine; her husband was diagnosed with brain cancer around March of this year. I have copied a short version of her story below so that you can have a better idea of the struggles of this sweet family...

*(Copied from Whitney's blog- www.TheAndersonsCrazyLife.blogspot.com)

Brian and I have been married for almost five years now. We have 2 children, Audrey our active and hilarious three year old and Caden our adorable and sweet three month old. About a month after our son was born we found out that Brian had a brain tumor about the size of a baseball. We were told that it was a slow growing tumor and that if it was cancerous it was a low grade cancer. They removed the tumor on March 13 and three weeks later our world was rocked again when we found out that Brian had stage 4 Glioblastoma multiforme (an extremely aggressive brain cancer). We have the best doctors and the best treatment plan and are sure we will beat this!! We are so busy living our "new normal" (as our Bishop put it) life and excited to share it with ya'll.

... Whitney has been so strong and faithful to the Lord throughout these past months since the diagnosis. I am proud to call her my friend and pray for her strenght as a mother and a wife as well as the only caregiver for their family.
I ask that you join me in supporting them through the power of prayer. Our God is so mighty and gracious, I know that He has his hands on this family.

I love you Whitney and we are thinking of you guys and praying for you. Your such a treasure and I am lucky to know you :)

-Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment