Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I'm Getting Old! :)

Well my younger brother turns 20 this week.... when did that happen??? Time truly does fly by. I sound like a grandma but I just can't believe that that little chubby cheeked baby boy is an adult! I can remember blaming him for coloring on the walls (sorry Mom!), playing hide and seek in the laundry cabinet, daring him to flip off the bunk bed (which I could obviously do since I was a foot taller!), and having argument after argument when we were growing up.

I think back at how I thought we would never be able to have the kind of relationship that I wanted us to have because we were just too different. I am increadibly glad that we HAVE been able to build a strong relationship as brother and sister as well as friends.

I tear up as I write this because I am so greatful for him, his life, and his love. He is such a wonderful human being and I am so proud of him.

Trey: I know I gave you a hard time for years and I probably played "Mom" a little too much at times, but I just want you to know how much I love and respect the man that you have become. You're such a light in my life and I am thankful that you let me be a part of your life. Happy Birthday little brother :)

No comments:

Post a Comment